Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera with 12-40mm f/2.8 Lens Kit with €200 Cashback Available
Take your imaging to the next level with the speed, features, and durability of the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera, which includes the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens that will cover all of your basic shooting situations due to its 35mm equivalent zoom range of 24-80mm.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Camera
Fast, durable, and versatile, the OM-D E-M1 Mark II from Olympus is a workhorse Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera, offering a broad range of stills and video-minded functionality. Revolving around a high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the E-M1 Mark II sports a truly fast 60 fps continuous shooting rate with an electronic shutter, 18 fps with continuous autofocus, and 15 fps with a mechanical shutter. For video shooters, both DCI and UHD 4K recording modes can be used, along with a Time-lapse Movie mode for producing in-camera 4K time-lapse sequences. The sensor and processor also avail a top expanded sensitivity of ISO 25600 to support shooting in difficult lighting conditions, and sensor-shift-type 5-axis image stabilization also helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the sensor's design also incorporates 121 on-chip phase-detection points, all of which are cross-type, along with 121 contrast-detection areas for fast and precise focusing and subject tracking performance.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the E-M1 Mark II also sports a durable magnesium alloy design that is weather-resistant for working in harsh climates. The body also features both a 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.04m-dot vari-angle LCD touchscreen for intuitive control and working from a variety of angles. Built-in Wi-Fi further expands sharing and remote shooting capabilities, and dual SD card slots and a USB 3.0 Type C port expand file saving and tethered shooting options.
20.4MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
A high-resolution 20.4MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor pair to avail notably fast shooting performance, along with impressive image quality, an expanded sensitivity range up to ISO 25600, and 4K video recording capabilities. Ideal for sports and wildlife shooting, the sensor and processor combination avails a full-resolution, raw file continuous shooting rate of 60 fps when working with the silent electronic shutter function and single-shot AF, or 18 fps with continuous autofocus. If working with the mechanical shutter, up to 15 fps with single-shot AF is possible.
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording and Time-Lapse Movie Mode
The sensor and processor also support recording both DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160) 4K movies. When working in DCI, a true 24.00 fps frame rate is used, along with IPB compression and a 237 Mbps bit-rate, and UHD 4K is available in frame rates up to 30p and a 102 Mbps bit-rate. Full HD 1080p and HD 720p recording is also supported. Audio recording is possible using the built-in stereo microphone, however both an external mic jack and headphone jack are available for improved audio monitoring. In addition to video recording, a Time-lapse Movie mode is also available for recording up to 4K UHD resolution with a 5 fps shooting rate to highlight subject changes or movement over a longer period of time. Full HD and HD time-lapse settings are available, too.
Pro Capture Mode
Helping to ensure you don't miss the shot, Pro Capture Mode is a unique setting that starts recording and buffering full-resolution JPEG or raw images prior to fully depressing the shutter. As soon as you press the shutter button halfway, frames will begin to be recorded, and once you fully press the shutter, the image will be saved in addition to the previous 14 frames. Additionally, you can hold the shutter button in this mode to keep shooting continuously using the silent electronic shutter function.
Dual F.A.S.T. Autofocus and Focus Controls
A Dual F.A.S.T. autofocus system combines both 121 on-chip phase-detection points and 121 contrast detection areas for focusing performance that is both quick and accurate. All 121 phase-detection points are cross-type, too, for improved precision in mixed lighting conditions, as well as enhanced subject tracking capabilities. A single button can be used to switch between focusing modes, including all point, single point, 9-point group, and 5-point cross, and a Subject Tracking Cluster Display utilized continuous AF for fast-moving subject tracking. In contrast, manual focus users are benefitted by live view magnification and focus peaking controls for greater accuracy.
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
In-body, sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5.5 stops with any lens in use and compensates for camera movements that become especially noticeable when working with telephoto shots, macro imagery, and long exposures. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across five axes to compensate for vertical angle rotation, horizontal angle rotation, horizontal shift, vertical shift, and rolling camera shake movement. This range of detected movements serves to benefit traditional still image shooting as well as movie recording and working with moving subjects more effectively. Additionally, image stabilization can also be used when framing shots, for more accurate compositions, by half-pressing the shutter button.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- High-resolution 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder is available for eye-level monitoring, and an S-OVF (Simulated Optical Viewfinder) mode can be used to expand the live view dynamic range to suit working in bright, contrast-rich lighting.
- Rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a vari-angle design to support working from a variety of angles, as well as making front-facing selfies.
- Magnesium-alloy body design is hermetically-sealed for resistance against dust and moisture to better enable working in harsh environments, as well as freezing temperatures down to 14°F.
- The included FL-LM3 external flash is also dust and splashproof to match the camera's resistance to harsh weather.
- Dual SD memory card slots afford greater flexibility in regard to how files are saved, and also enable a greater overall capacity for longer shooting sessions.
- USB 3.0 Type-C port avails fast connection and transfer speeds, as well as enables tethered shooting capabilities with Olympus Capture.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
Other Camera Features
- High Res Shot Mode offers the equivalent output of a 50MP image by combining eight single JPEG frames, which are recorded within one second, into a single, larger image. In between each of the eight exposures, the sensor-shift stabilization mechanism moves slightly in order to acquire more information than in a single exposure and these frames are then composited into a final JPEG with greater resolution and color detail. The TruePic VIII processor aids this process by compensating for any subject movement blur and this feature can also be configured to record 25MP images for file size flexibility.
- Silent Shutter Mode completely eliminates shutter noise and other electronic sounds to benefit working in nature, concert halls, or other sound-sensitivity locations.
- Live Bulb and Live Time settings can be used to produce creative long exposure imagery. Live Bulb lets you hold the shutter open for up to one minute and Live Time lets you press the shutter button once to open the shutter and then press again within a minute to end the exposure.
- Live Composite is a unique long exposure mode that allows you to gradually build up an exposure over time without overexposing key elements within the frame. This mode works to only record newly detected light sources over time, and allows you to watch as an image develops, making it ideally suited for photographing star trails or other moving light sources.
- Interval shooting is supported for up to 999 frames with 1 second to 24-hour exposure intervals.
- In-Camera Focus Stacking will automatically record eight images of a subject while shifting the plane of focus slightly, then composite these exposures into a single frame to exhibit an extended depth of field. Alternatively, Focus Bracketing allows you to record between 3-999 frames with adjustable focus steps in a 1-10 range for manual compositing during post-production. These modes are only available when working with M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro, 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO, 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO, 30mm f/3.5 Macro, 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO, 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO, and 300mm f/4 IS PRO lenses.
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, and Art Filters.
- Fourteen different in-camera Art Filters are available, and include Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line, Watercolor, Vintage, and Partial Color, and these modes can be further adjusted through the use of Art Effects, which include a Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, White Edge Effect, Frame Effect, Star Light Effect, Defocus Effect, B&W Effect (Yellow, Orange, Red, and Green), Picture Tone (Sepia, Blue, Purple, and Green), and Shade Effect (Top & Bottom, Left & Right).
- Keystone Compensation allows you to correct for convergence when working in live view.
- A multi-exposure mode blends two frames using an auto gain to maintain a controlled exposure value.
- Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, and Thai.
Live Composite Mode- Long exposures that record new detail, without overexposing the base photo.
Pro Capture Mode - It can capture up to 14 images BEFORE you take the shot. Great for sport and unexpected moments.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens
A flexible zoom covering a popular focal length range, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO from Olympus is a wide-to-portrait-length 24-80mm equivalent lens for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Its sophisticated optical design, which includes a variety of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index elements, reduces both chromatic and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range for notable clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A ZERO lens coating has also been applied to improve contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. Beyond the advanced lens design, this zoom is also characterized by its constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, as well as its durable weather-sealed construction for working in a variety of conditions. Additionally, a Movie & Still Compatible autofocus system achieves fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and a manual focus clutch affords instant switching between focusing methods.
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-80mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range.
- The lens construction integrates one aspherical ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical elements, one DSA (Dual Super Aspherical) element, two extra-low dispersion elements, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust-, freeze-, and drip-proof design ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth bokeh quality.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera (Body Only)
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Camera Format||Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 21.8 Megapixel|
|Effective: 20.4 Megapixel|
|Max Resolution||5184 x 3888|
|Sensor Type / Size||MOS, 17.4 x 13.0 mm|
|File Formats||Still Images: JPEG, RAW|
|Movies: AVI, MJPEG, MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo), WAV|
|Dust Reduction System||Yes|
|Memory Card Type||SD|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Way|
|Video Recording||Yes, NTSC/PAL|
|Video Format||4096 x 2160p at 24 fps237 Mbps|
|3840 x 2160p at 23.98, 25, 29.97 fps102 Mbps|
|1920 x 1080p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps|
|1280 x 720p at 23.98, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 fps|
|Video Clip Length||Up to 29 Min|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Mic: With Video (Stereo)|
|Optional External Mic: With Video|
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 121 (121 Cross-Type)|
|Contrast Detection: 121|
|Viewfinder Pixel Count||2,360,000|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21.00 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 1.3x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +2 m|
|Display Screen||3" Rear Touchscreen Swivel LCD (1,037,000)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200-6400 (Extended Mode: 64-25600)|
|Speed: 60 - 1/8000 Second|
|Speed: 60 - 1/32000 Second|
|30 - 1 Minute in Bulb Mode|
|Remote Control||RM-CB2 (Optional)|
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average Metering, Multi-Zone Metering, Spot Metering|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Aperture Priority, Art Filter, Custom, Intelligent Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority, Underwater|
|Metering Range: EV -2.0 - EV 20.0|
|Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV Steps)|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Cloudy, Custom, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Shade, Sunlight, Underwater|
|Buffer/Continuous Shooting||Up to 15 fps at 20.4 MP|
|Up to 10 fps at 20.4 MP|
|Up to 8.5 fps at 20.4 MP|
|Up to 60 fps at 20.4 MP|
|Up to 18 fps at 20.4 MP|
|Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Max Sync Speed||1 / 250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL Remote Firing Groups: 4 Channels: 4|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Self Timer||12 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Custom: 1 - 30 Seconds at 0.5-, 1.0-, 2.0-, 3.0Second Intervals|
|Number of Shots: 1 - 10|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI D (Micro), USB 3.0, X-Sync Socket|
|Battery||1 x BLH-1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack|
|AC Power Adapter||AC-5 (Optional)|
|14 to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)|
|Humidity: 30 - 90%|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.3 x 3.6 x 2.7" / 134.1 x 90.9 x 68.9 mm|
|Weight||1.263 lbs / 574 g with battery and memory card|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||7.9 x 6.6 x 4.7"|
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO Lens
|Focal Length||12 - 40mm|
|Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 24 - 80 mm|
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|